January 3, 2011

Life is Beautiful

A few scraps of flocked designer paper in my stash of scraps from last year.   It was from a Christmas series.  Thinking it would make a lovely background for a Valentine's card, I decided to incorporate it in my current project.

The white was a bit stark for me, so I pulled a brayer and my Soft Suede dye pad and started inking over the white flocking. 


Followed up with a peice of Neturals designer paper, Coffee Crumb ink and an image of a flourish.



Still working on that soft, vintage feel by using the brayer over the lace.



Stamped the flourish once again on this Presto Patterns image I downloaded SU!'s digital software line.


The final product.  What do you think?  Didn't turn out so much like a Valentine but could pass if the text read something a bit different.


...and a close-up


2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- love the visuals!

Sandy Ang said...

Such an elegant card with that lovely hint of nostalgia. Wishing you a very happy and creative 2011!