March 21, 2008

Basic Floral Arrangment

I spent some time creating this floral arrangment today. There are a least a half-dozen things on my "To-Do" list, and this was NOT one of them. Still, it was fun to make.

I delivered some orders today but not before stopping at HobbyLobby. I had to buy some embrodiery hoops for my next project. There was a sale 50% off sale on all the floral bunches (imagine that....a sale at HobbyLobby). I have been meaning to create another floral arrangment for the urn in our bathroom. During Christmas I made a velvet poinsettia topiary (of sorts). The urn has been sitting empty since then, so, I decided today was the day to fill it.

Here is what I started with. There's the Urn (another HobbyLobby purchase years ago), the garden foam and the flowers. The flowers of course came in a bunch, I simply used wire cutters to seperate them.

Aren't the colors wonderful! Beautiful chartreuse and rich nectar pinks. I knew when I saw this particular flower bunch is was the one I needed.



Here are the cuttings lined up according to color and size.


Here is the final composition. What do you think? It seems kind of crowded because of the angle but it really isn't. I love that big green flower at the bottom.


Here is another bunch I purchased, only because the flowers were so heavenly. You know, so many crafers seek the vintage millinery flower silk flowers have come such a long way...I think they're just as beautiful as the softness and beauty as the vintage flower.


Look at the green sprays coming out of this. The leaves have various shades of greens and textures to make it all look more natural.

Look at the colors in this! Me thinkeths this particular batch will be used to cheer up the grey walls at the office.


This my dear friends, is my Spring Door Wreath. I purchased the "Spray" for $.25 at a garage sale and the grapevine wreath was purchased several years ago for $2 in a clearance tub at HobbyLobby (where it was discarded to the attic until now). I just wired the spray around the wreath. I had intentions of adding birds and such...but, Spring will be here for a while so I have time to finish it. Not to worry....it's on my "list".

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

These are so pretty you are very clever making them

Heather said...

Beautiful arrangements. I took a flower arranging course in college and loved it!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are gorgeous! Lovely work. :)

Heather Huggins said...

Oh... These are so pretty!!

Maren said...

Gorgeous flower arrangement!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful arrangement and wreath! Perfect for Spring!