April 27, 2008

Barq's Rootbeer memorabilia

Today I spent some time in the old Barq's Rootbeer warehouse. One of the owners emailed Friday asking if I was interested in any of the old bottles and crates. You Betcha! They have leased the warehouse and the old bottles and crates had to go.

There are LOTS more that still need to be moved, so, if you are in the Baton Rouge area, make plans to stop by. Best thing.....it is all for FREE! Here are a few pics. Spread the word to your friends who are interested in doing assemblages and such.



What a lovely display these make....even old and dusty.



An old rootbeer vending machine.






This machine is da BOMB! Amazing how things have changed.



I'll share the other photos tomorrow, my little one is calling me to bed.

2 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

You very lucky girl! WOW, I can't believe how cool the machines used to look, the bottles too for that matter! You must have some great connections to score like this...
Love your blog, I will come back and visit when I can look at all your posts with a coffee! I need to get to bed 5 AM comes way to early...
Donna Lynn

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, that's a lot of bottles. So cool though, thanks for sharing your photos. :)