I started out with this image from Man's Best Friend image found in SU! MDS digital software.
Here's the how to:
- Insert image onto a new page
- Copy image and change it to white
- Position the images so they are evenly on top of one another (the white being the top-most)
- Edit the white image but adjusting the size so it shrinks, revealing the black image behind.
- Adjust the depth and color (you'll want something rather dark to create the outline
- Copy the image and mirror image (this is for printing the Scottie in reverse on your paper).
- Print onto desired cardstock (make sure your margins are set to "0")
- Cut out image using the mat line that is closest to your image.
- Sponge and embellish as desire
I've filled it with Post-it's and pencil's (trying to avoid the obvious cello-filled dog treats).
Create the inner box and attach both sides of the Scotties to each side.
Lots of variation for eyes. You can simply use plain circles. Here I punched two white using the largest circle from the Owl punch. Punch two large circles again and remove a section leaving a crescent shape. Finally punch two black circles using the next smallest circle from the owl punch.
Did you know just because you don't have the MDS software you can still download the individual stamp sets and use them similarly as I have shown above? Yep, you sure can, by simply inserting them into Photoshop or and even Microsoft Word! I'll try to throw together a tutorial for you.