June 19, 2010

Tour de Freaks ~ June 2010


Yep, it's the 20th of the month which means another Tour de Freaks blog hop.

I'm setting up now but the hop doesn't officially start until the 20th.  So, if you're here early be sure to come back Sunday morning when all the links are working, allowing you to view full-circle.


If you're already been touring this month, then you've probably just come from  Debbie Currier  and her beautiful art work.

The projects for bloggers this month was to focus on the products offered in the upcoming 2010-2011 SU! catalog.  It was hard narrowing down what to use.  Here were my final decision.

First up, a french style card using the yummy new Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler.  Those two colors sing out to me, especially with the new Artistic Etchings stamp set.  Extra texture was created with a new embossing folder and some super think espresso ribbon. 


These colors are so rich, like those dark chocolate covered cherries during the holidays.



Here's a fun 3D project.  It's a magnet friend coaster.  I've been smitten with sewing on my cards and knew it would jazz up those plain strips.

With the "FRIENDS" text displayed so prominently, you'd had to give it to someone.  Wouldn't this brighten up her/his dull file cabinets at the office?

Once again I used the new embossing folder.  The new "Friends Never Fade" stamp set was used to add the stamped Espresso and Marina Mist (blue) on the strips.  In addition, I stamped the flower from the set 3 times, cut out selective pieces and then reassembled to create a 3D flower.

Isn't that thin ribbon super cute?  So dainty.


A little close-up of my stitching handy work.  I figured out the other day how to make a stitch backwards, LOL, (and I don't mean by turning around the paper/fabric).  My sewing skills are very limited, but THIS I can do!


I hope you've enjoyed my projects.  It's time to head on over to Jen Smith's beautiful blog by selecting the button below.  Thanks for joining me.  Enjoy the rest of your tour. 


14 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Nice work, Melanie! I love the red, white, black color combo!

Mary Brown said...

GORGEOUS projects!!! I love all the detail you always put into your work!

Cindy Major said...

Another Grand Slam again this month, Melanie! Wow, you've rocked the Etchings stamp set! I absolutely love how your card turned out. Love all the lovely details on the second card, too! So cute with the torn paper and stitches :)

Cindy

Anita said...

Stunning cards!

gbarron56 said...

love your projects, Melanie. Great job, as usual! thanks for all your help with the tour this month and for sharing such wonderful inspiration! Blessings, Gretchen

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Yummy sample! Love how you combined so many elements, the embossing folder, and tower too! Lovely!

Sue from Oregon said...

pretty...love the colors!

Wendy Weixler said...

Very nicely done on that Etchings card ... sooo love the striking colors. (And glad to see you have mastered the "backwards stitch" technique! Excellent!!)

Wendy J. said...

Loverly, Melanie! Great use of the new Artistic Etchings set! Love the color combo on the second card.

Mary A. said...

Love your projects! Great color picks!

Mary

cedargirl said...

How is it that I have not stumbled upon your talent filled blog! I love your sneak peek projects. That card is just plain wonderful. I had a feeling that Esspresso and Cherry Cobbler were going to be my new fave combo and you have shown how elegant they can be. I love the raised flower on the second card!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the vintagy feel to your projects! Great job...

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

great projects Melanie...especially the paris card. Great details!

Deb Brooner said...

Oh man,
I think I've gotta have that stamp set.
You do lovely work, and the colors are so sophisticated.