June 26, 2010

VC_Rocks blog hop #2

If you're looking for new paper crafting ideas this weekend, be sure to check out the VC_Rocks Blog Hop.  This month features products soon to be off the market as well as some of the newest releases.

If you've already started the hop, then you've probably just come from Holly Podkowa's blog.  You can also find all the blogs on the main VC_Rocks site in the event you need to back-track.

Below I've created a floral card using the new Newsprint designer sereis paper and "Because I Care" stamp set. You can see the flower is a hydrangea, but who says you have to use the typical blues and pinks of the actual flower?

The main image was stamped with the Cherry Cobbler dye pad and mounted on Coffee Crumb and Espress.  Funny how many of the new dye pad names relate to food. 



A few close ups for you.





Thanks for stopping by and checking out my projets.  Your next stop is Angela Walters.

16 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Beautiful Card Angela!

You used my FAVE of the new colors and the new paper that I LOVE.

And your card details are awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

Kimm BT said...

that is amazing... love this style

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

ooooo, your Cherry Cobbler card is just yummy, Melanie! And thanks for all the close-up shots--your details are superb!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Melanie, as expected, your project is absolutely gorgeous! thanks so much for sharing and hopping with us at VC. We love having you.

Veronica said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the combination of colors, stamp set, and paper that you chose. TFS.

Sassy Shirley said...

Wow, that is keeper for sure! Love your attention to details - I like to cut one image out and attach to the stamped one too - sure adds to the card! Thanx for sharing ...

Anita said...

Stunning card!

Patrice said...

My Goodness that is a beautiful card! Love the color combination and the use of the Stamp Set! May have to case this one :)

Anonymous said...

Your card is just 100% perfectly lovely. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration to pull out the new stamp sets & new colors!

:)
Gail

creations by jackie said...

A gorgeous card, I love Because I care stamp set. You can do so much with it, and I am loving Cherry Cobbler too. All my faves in one spot thanks for sharing.

Patricia Gessner said...

This is a very pretty card!

Brenda said...

Great card Angela (great name too-that's my daughter's name, too). Love this stamp set and the 3-D effect is just great!

Rose said...

Love your color choices, your card is awesome!

Anonymous said...

love all the details of this card

Loni said...

What a great combination Melanie! Blog Hop again in either July or August to earn your BlogHopper Badge. Hugs, Loni

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Don't you just love this stamp set! I really like how you layered the flower. I like the colors you chose too.