February 6, 2010

Shades of Easter

Today I've decided to participate in the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  Yes, it's Saturday, but I've been preparing for this month's Paper Sampler and took a break to fit a Mojo Challenge in.  

For this challenge, I focused on using Easter colors, and what says Easter more than pastels?

Here I've paired Banana, Pretty in Pink and Sahara Sand.  I have had trouble using Sahara Sand in the past, but today discovered it pairs so nicely with pastels, especially these two.

Here's the sketch.....


Here's what I've come up with......


The main image is a cut-out from the Shades of Spring DSP from SU!  Aren't the colors pretty?  I like the white dots around the outer edge of the petals.  Great detail.

Barely Banana cardstock was covered with the Very Vintage wheel (in Saffron ink) to give it a bit more interest.  The scallop edge is simply the Eyelet border punch run through my paper crimper.



The Sahara Sand card stock just behind the flower is the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch wheeled with the Very Vintage image.  It was also distressed a bit to add more texture.

Add a dot of Crystal Effects in the center of each flower and you're done!

 

8 comments:

rozie640 said...

OH MY GOSH that is stunning. I love the litte bunny to the right of the picture, such a cute presentation! Excellent job.

soggystamper said...

What a great card! It is great to create an Easter card without actually using an Easter image. I love the soft interest the Very Vintage wheel gives to the cardstock.
Sue Erickson

Kristin said...

This is so lovely! You deserved to win!!!

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely love this card! I might have to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing! Fabulous job and I adore this DSP.

- Elizabeth
Co-Owner
www.missimagination.com

Tiya-B said...

Love your blog love this card.
thanks mojo monday.

Marisa said...

Beautifully done mojo card. Congrats on your win :D

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey Melanie, just saw on the mojo monday blog where you were a winner, CONGRATS! Love that card, as I do all of your cards. Awesome, yay!!!! xoxo

Elizabeth said...

I know I already wrote you to tell you how much I loved this, but I wanted to let you know I tried it out and link you to the post :)
http://www.missimagination.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12483#post12483

Thanks again for the fabulous idea!

- missimagination.com