March 19, 2010

Tour de Freaks ~ Spring.......


It's time for another Tour de Freaks blog hop.  Our theme this month is Spring!  If you've already been touring, then you've probably just left Lisa Martz's page.

I have really been in the mood for crafting, as I'm sure many have been now that the warm weather is arriving.  What better way to kick it all off with some great gardening projects.  Take a look at what I've created this month for you.





THIS is my favorite.  What a delightful way to present a gift of Spring bulbs to a friend.  I used some scrim to bundle up some bulbs.  Scrim is a lightweight fabric, very similar to cheesecloth.  During Fall I spotted the bolt at the fabric store.  The delicate, almost fragile threads were beckoning so I HAD to buy a few yards.  This is the first I used it but I have many more crafting ideas for incorporating it in my crafts. 



What makes this appealing (to me) is being able to see through the fabric catching a glimpse of what's inside. 

This project is SO easy.  I would love getting this as a gift.  The satin ribbon and the simple daffodil tag is the only thing needed to dress it up.



I'm not quite finished with my gardening ideas.  Take a look at this bulb box, yet another great way to deliver some spring cheer to a gardening friend.  The box was made with the Bag with Scallop Bigz die.  Yep!  Just turn it on the side and put the base in.  Walla!



Here's a close-up.  Look at the veining on that bulb.  Isn't it beautiful?



I hope you enjoyed my projects this month.  Now it's time to move on to the next featured stamper, Ms. LeeAnn Greff.  Select the image below and you'll be transported to her blog.  Thanks again for checking out my projects. 


21 comments:

Mary Brown said...

LOVE all the different ways you did the flowers!

Connie Babbert said...

Love your gardening theme, Melanie! These projects are so cute and scream "SPRING"!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Absolutely beautiful!! It almost makes me want to take up gardening. Almost. LOL! TFS!

Hugs,
Brandi

LeeAnn Greff said...

What beautiful & fresh color combos you used! Love each of them - your projects were unique & inspiring as usual!

Claudia Perry said...

Great projects!

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

Great bulb idea, love it. The basket is cute too. Would love to learn more on how to do it. Can't quite get my head around the idea it's made with the bag scallop die. Very clever!

Cindy Major said...

Melanie, that basket is just awesome! Love the delicate flower on the side! And I really like how you took your pictures - totally Spring-inspired and very lovely!

TFS!
Cindy :)

Lisa Martz said...

Your projects are Great! The basket is my favorite! How did you do it? So pretty!

Vonnie said...

Love your garden ideas. So many great projects. Thanks for sharing!
Yvonne

Wendy Weixler said...

Now I am REALLY craving me some spring!! Those bulbs just make me NEED to see some flowers outside!! Beautiful projects, girl!! Such springy colors, too! :)

stampinstars said...

I love how you staged your projects! That's a ton of layers on that card...wowzer! Beautiful Projects! Erin

Anonymous said...

i very adore your own writing taste, very remarkable.
don't give up and keep writing for the reason that it simply just worth to look through it,
excited to browse much of your current web content, enjoy your day ;)

Julie Buhler said...

So gorgeous - totally in LOVE with the flower on that box!!

Robin said...

Love the idea of giving bulbs! I am going to have to do something like this for my mom. . .thanks for the inspiration!

Dannie Graves said...

Beautiful projects!

rozie640 said...

Hey Mel, love both of your bulb projects, what a very lovely gift to a friend. Beautiful.

Shannon Willis said...

Your projects are beautiful. I especially loved how you took the photos with the bulbs. What a super idea!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your projects are Amazing! The daffodil is so clever!

gbarron56 said...

great projects, all of them, Melanie! It's good to take the tour even if I couldn't be on it this month! Blessings, Gretchen

Karen said...

Great projects Mel - definitely perfect for Spring!! Loved your thrift store find too - so neat!!

Wendy J. said...

Melanie, your spring projects are all wonderful! I especially love the basket! Great job!