January 28, 2015

Eiffel Tower Love Blog Hop

Welcome to the first 2015 Paper Crafters Sampler blog hop. We're starting off the year by using the Eiffel Tower template featured in the January 2015 issue, "Lovable You" of the Paper Crafters Sampler.
 
I started off by printing my template using the NEW "SVG" file included with each template of the month.  Wanting to give the projects a springtime feeling, I stuck with soft colors.  The cardstock color choice here was Crisp Cantaloupe.  It was stamped with the "I Like You" stamp set using a Cameo Coral dyepad. Once I stamped the flowers on the flat surface of the cardstock, I used my white signo-gel pen to highlight parts of the flower giving it that spring-like effect.
 
For the glitzy part, I added a little Gold and Dazzeling Diamonds Glimmer paper. The Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch gives a bit more feminine quality. To finish off the tower I created some coffee filter flowers dipped in Cameo Coral reink and wrapped some gold wasabi tape around the small flickering tea light. Take a look at the final project.
 



 
 
Now to view what the other design team members have come up with.  You're going to be so surprised with their creativity.
 
Select the hop 'button' below to view the next blog, Kerry Bunting
 
If you'd like to go back to the previous stop, visit Avery Murphy.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

This totally makes you think of Paris in the Spring! So cute Melanie, love your stamping on the tower.

Pam Dotts said...

Love the stamping and gold trim!