November 24, 2007

Baroque Cut-out

It's been a very busy day! In fact, I've been busy since Wednesday, trying to cram in as much as I can during my 4 day weekend. Really, is it even possible for a woman to have an EMPTY "To-Do" list?



Tommorrow my day will be dedicated to making Christmas cards and decorating the house for the Holidays. I really should have worked on those Christmas cards tonight but I took a trip to the fabric store and purchase from the 50% off big-bolts (what you typically use for covering pillows, sofas, etc.). I have NO idea what I'm going to do with it...but it's Ga-orgeous and had to have it! We'll see if my husband feels the same way when I show it to him. He's learned to accept my "gotta have it for the future" purchases, LOL, (honestly, if you only knew). Actually, I do have a few ideas for putting the fabric to good use, but it'll have to wait. For now, it's going on the bottom of my "Future Projects" To-Do list.

A trip to the Bead store was fit into tonights outing. I walked into that store and had no clue as to where to start. That is, until I found the "Vintage" beads section. Drooooooool!

Beads from the 30's, 40's and even Germany. I can think of many uses these little beauties, but none of them include using them for jewelry.

Now, on to stamping business. Here's my latest card using the Baroque background stamp. This is one of my favorite stamps of the the year!

I stamped in Artichoke Ink onto Artichoke cardstock and cut out the big flourish. Then I stamped the entire cut-out with the Floral background.

The Soft Sky cardstock was stamped with Soft Sky ink using the Linen background and Finest Flourishes stamp set. The gold lines were created using a gold Zig pen.



The entire cut-out was lifted with dimensionals.

4 comments:

Vicki G said...

Beautiful Card Melanie!! So excited to hear that you have joined the bloggers group!!!!!

Vicki

rozie640 said...

Beautiful card, I love the gold zig, really adds some bling to the card. Great cutting job.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
I'm one of your SBS3 sisters here to visit your fantastic blog. I coule spend hours admiring the photos of your decorations, they are gorgeous.
But I love the Baroque background and this card is so pretty! What a great idea to cut it out.

Joan said...

Melanie, this is gorgeous