April 19, 2009

Spring Occasions

Hum. Almost 2 months since posting. I'm not giving up on my blog, just tired of fighting the kids for computer time. The husband also decided he likes/needs to spend more time on the computer since he decided to join Facebook.

It was enevitable. Things change over time. I just need to figure out what to do so "I" can get on this box when I need to. The solution I beleive is to get myself a laptop. It's not in the finances right now, but maybe the IDEAL Mother's Day gift, hummmmm.

This past weekend I offered a Spring Occasions workshop at the house. I think all the projects came out nice and each was so different. Here's a sampling of what we did.

The butterfly die cut below took quite a few steps, but the extras really add to the overall card. Three glue dots were applied to the bottom left of the card and sprinkled with glitter.



Embossed butterfly card with the Manhattan Rose impression plate. The yellow and regal rose chalk was applied using a finger dauber.



Below is a matchbox I created using the exclusive SU! matchbox die cut. Wouldn't this die be great for creating advent calendars in the Winter!


In other news. I've signed The Beast up for dog training classes. My goal is to have him come when called and to NOT jump on me when I get home. At the end of the day, I have no energy to support the weight of a 108 lb animal.

There's also the unusal habit of drinking running water from the faucet when someone decides to take a bath, use the John, wash their face or brush their teeth. You walk into the bathroom and he's right on your heels. Sometimes you can walk by the bathroom door and see this:



It's getting late so I'm off to get the wee ones settled so they're up on time with me tomorrow.
Have a great week!
Melanie

No comments: