August 11, 2009

Fantastical Fall and ATC's

Well, the BIG news is, ALL the kids are in school together, at the same school, at the same time.

That translates into less driving (one less stop) and getting more artwork created.

I've had my nose to the grindstone preparing for Fall workshops. Fall and Spring are two of my favorite season (as I'm sure it is for the rest of the world). In a few weeks I'll be launching online video classes "From Dollar to Dynamic". It shows you how to take simple items from the dollar store and transform them into something beautiful. My goal is to have a few sneak peeks by the end of the week.

Let's cut this short before I spill to many beans. One thing for sure, I am ecstatic in that this is my first mixed media class. The final details are being worked out this week; video editing, supply list, etc. You're all going to be really surprised with what I've created (really).

Here's an itty-bitty sneak peek of project 1.




Well, it's not much to go on but that's no sneak peek is that revealing.

Below was a card I created for Card of the Month. The theme was transportation. That little car image is an Amuse stamp and the diamonds are from....hum, I THINK Above the Mark rubber stamps.




ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) have once again resurfaced in my art work. Here's is fun little card I created a few weeks ago. It's interesting to pull together a little work of art only 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 .

The back of the card is from a Community Coffee sleeve from the local coffee shop. I have an image of the back on my Flickr site. The red oval was simply created with a stencil. The swirls were stamped in Stazon and onto an old sheet of pattern paper.




Lastly, here are my FAV'S of the bunch. These are hand-drawn and colored Tim Burton inspired ATC's. I designed the spider myself. The base of these are coasters and I colored them in with washes of acrylic paint. The spider is colored with Prisma. Fun, fun, FUN!



That's it gang. Now, back to editing those videos. I only have 5 hours ya know...then it's off to the carpool line.

Have a great Tuesday!

Melanie

No comments: