August 6, 2009

Tim Burton ATC swap

I've joined a special ATC swap where we're required to create something in Tim Burton fashion. I'm a huge fan if Tim so when I read about this swap I just HAD to join.

The card started out on Watercolor paper but it was not developing into what I had visioned. Here's a bit of my progress. Some stamping and embellishes are needed to jazz this up some.

Prisma color pencils were used and watercolor crayons as well for colors.





Here's the official ATC card. Again, it's nowhere near finished. Sadly I'm stumped in adding background to this image, SO, I'll resort to coloring in the other spiders and cutting them out and layering them onto another card. Who said creating art was easy?




I came across a new artist offering digital illustrations. Maurie J. Manning is the owner of "Digital Pencil Too" and offers the most precious images. She's created illustrations for many children's books and is now offering her drawings to paper craft artist.


Here's one of the three images I purchased from her Etsy shop. Good thing about digital is the only storage for the image is your computer and you can print it to any size you'd like.


This cute kitten and pumpkin was colored in using once again, my Prisma color pencils. This is just line work. If I blend at all it's with a white prisma (but rarely). Many artist blend with Gamasol and a stump, but using that stump against the paper gives me the hebbie jebbies!




Off to finish my ATC's.

No comments: