October 2, 2009

Cosmo Christmas Card

How many of you reading this blog stay at home? I am (only because I was laid off back in April). It seems I am so much busier when working at home than in an office. Why is that?

Each day is crammed with to-do lists. My goal is to get as many house chores done (which includes running the streets), so when the family gets home we can spend time together. To Relax. Knowing everything is in order/cleaned, gives us all time to have fun and to do our own thing. For me that means I can get in my art room.

Who am I kidding? That's always my goal, to get in my art room. My goal this weekend; to finish painting my sketches between football games and birthday parties.

Now, how 'bout a creative share today? Here is a card I created for DaRubbaBlock Design Team Sampler.




The stamp set used for this card is from the True Friends stamp set.

The glitter on the upper image was adhered with Heat and Stick. If you're looking for something to hold glitter securely to your artwork, Heat and Stick is your answer.

If you'd like to view a copy of the current DaRubbaBlock DT Sampler, email me and I'll send you the PDF. Make sure you "Sign Up for Inspiration" in the little box located on the upper left side of this site. You'll receive all future mailings directly to your inbox.





Here's my lastest sketch. It looks very plain now, but soon it will have some texture and embellishes added to it. Gearing up for Mardi Gras ya know.




Thought I'd share a few images inside my family life. Here is what keeps me company during the day. A dog who is ALWAYS under my feet. He's sleeping now.


Sometimes when he's into a deep sleep, I get the can of compressed air and scare the be-jeepers out of him. I consider it payback for all the unexpected attacks he puts me through. To often he comes running out of nowhere and jumps me. Getting caught off guard by a + 100 lb dog jumping on you is NOT something you'd want to experience.




Lastly, brothers 1 and 2, playing with daddy's electric screwdriver. Pretty smart of them to wear a glove. It's harmless really and keeps them busy. Glad they've decided to drill in a piece of scrap wood instead of their bedroom walls!




Now, I'm off to get the last two batches of clothes folded so I can get a bit of painting in before leaving for New Orleans. I'll be back Sunday to share some new projects I've been working on.

No comments: