July 23, 2009

Big thanks to everyone who came by to see the Tour de Freaks blog hop. We're getting great
reviews, the main perk being it's a fairly short hop compared to other.

Thought I'd post a few of the projects I've been working on for an upcoming card workshop.

First up, a special folds card. Some refer to it as a Shutter card but I've seen these around a long time ago, and it's simply a special folds pop up card. There are more complex versions, but I chose to do the "Full Card" version. You can find the template on Bonnie's blog here.

What do you think of these colors? Curry, Banana, Razzleberry, Pink and Melon. The card started off as mostly purple but it was way to much with the Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper, so I changed it all to Banana.

The flowers strips were create with my "Flowers" die. The suspended flower the embosslits "Simple Flower". Stamp sets were Friendship Wings and Oval All.





Next up is a flower card pop-up. You can view the template here.





Here's what it looks like in the inside. The stamp set uses is Friendship Wings again. You'll see me using that set on lots of my samples. The ink here is the new Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry from SU!.




Here's a simpler method I found online. Look at that button paper. How cute is that? You can view more of this beauty here.


This past Sunday there was a mild cool front that came through. Mild in that it simply removed the humidity from the air. I gathered my art supplies and headed outside to sketch. I love creating outdoors in the fresh air. There's no TV for distractions or housekeeping duties glaring at me. I think it's partly due to the amount of natural light available. The living room is so dark. If you are an artist then you know light is a must when creating.

My doodle Sketch is below. I posted this Sunday but deleted the entire post. Blogger was having problems (I didn't know it was them at the time) and deleted the post thinking it was the cause for my page opening so slowly. Sorry for my readers who received multiple post that day.




I used to draw and doodle all the time. Funny how things get away from you and when reintroduce you remember how enjoyable it was and wonder why you ever stopped.

Tuesday night was another fun doodle night. Here's a glimpse of my outdoor workspace. A red table cloth to cover the rusty table, my cheery Coke-a-Cola bucket for Prisma color pencils, my moleskin journal and large sketchpad. Well, there's the cell phone but that's a must since not many of my friends call on the house phone anymore.



As the afternoon subsided, I noticed the fence glowing. Turning around toward the backyard I spotted this luscious cameo and Violet sky. No photo editing software used here; this is ALL natural! This is Mother Nature's way of luring us outdoors for summer evenings. Being able to view something like this makes the heat a little more tolerable.




Another great shot. Aren't the colors amazing? This definitely goes into my 'Inspirational Colors" folder.

No comments: