July 27, 2009

Hankering for Halloween

This little tidbit was supposed for be posted Saturday. I was side-tracked as usual. I'm working on some MORE Halloween goodies, hoping if I keep designing for the season it will 'feel' cooler.

This sampled was created with the new 'From the Crypt'. I'm not a big skull and crossbones kind of girl but THIS has a girly flair to it. It's appropriately up to trend using skulls with flourishes (or in this case, pumpkins, bats, crows and more). I LOVE it.



To create the card, you need to stamp the entire image in Basic Grey ink. Once inked, use your lilac and black marker, go over the areas you colored differently. I topped it all off with some purple Cosmo Glitter to create an eye patch. He's one stylish skull.

There's also paper that coordinates with the "From the Crypt" stamp set (for those who like their papers to match their stamped images). I have to say, the colors and intricate images for this particular pattern paper is wonderful. It's got great details to be used for an entire card background or for using punches on particular sections of the paper.



This image came out fuzzy, but you can still see the lacy vines weaving between the green and orange pumpkins.



For curious minds who want to know what the grey fabric used on the card, it's a Halloween door decoration. I purchased it at the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago. There was no need to debate on whether I 'needed' it or not. For anyone who loves cheesecloth, you'll want to go grab a bag before it's gone. It's not really cheesecloth, more like a netting soft cotton. The boys and I made another run out today and picked up some in black.

Here it is hanging on my light in my studio. It's to pretty to be kept bagged up; besides, I've been putting it to use in my crafts since the purchase.



Below is a view of how it is positioned on the card before applying the top layer. It was simply held in place with the sticky strip.



I've created another card using the same set. I'll share tomorrow (promise). I'm not all that pleased with it. Hopefully the idea alone will spark something for you to create.

Nite,

Melanie

No comments: