January 28, 2010

An outing with friends

I decided to take some time out to enjoy my day (and the amazing weather) with some friends.  It's been quite some time since I've seen them so we met up for some lunch 'em.  It was refreshing to just sit and chat.

We dined Al Fresco to take advantage of the warm sunshine.  Our eaterie of choice was the California Pizza Kitchen in the beautiful shopping streets of Perkins Rowe.  I've never been to CPK before and it wasn't dissappointing.  Here was my entree of choice.




It's an eggplant, goat cheese and sweet pepper pizza.  Just looking at it makes my mouth water.  It was delish-e-oso!  I ate the WHOLE thing (well, all but one piece I shared with a friend).

Here's a shot of our view. 







It was a fun and relaxing afternoon.  Having a break from the house (cleaning and crafting) was very well deserved.  Being home is great, but I sure miss the regular conversations with my co-workers.

I'm back at the homestead tweaking the February issue of the Paper Crafters Sampler.   The design team was given the theme of Easter.  This month's issue is titled "Baskets, Bunnies and Bonnets"; that'll give you a little hint of what you can expect to see inside.




    

I've spent the day photographing my projects with Da Beast (Jack).  Here he is sunning on the driveway.  Taking a break from chasing squirrels.









Well, it's time to head off to carpool.   I'm working on something special for all you Mardi Gras fans. 

I hope your day is filled with creativity and inspiration.

Melanie

No comments: