January 19, 2010

Tour de Freaks ~ Sweet Valentine



It's time for another Tour de Freaks. It seems like forever since we've had a hop being that we took a little break during December. We're refreshed and back at it.


This month we're celebrating Valentine's Day and have some fabulous projects to help you get your creative juices flowing.   If you've been following the "next stop" links you've probably just come from the amazing Gretchen Barron's blog.  Her projects are always so creative.

This month, I've created two projects for you.  First up, my EXTRA LARGE "hugs" card.  I say extra large because it was created from a full sheet of cardstock (shaving a 1/4" off both the top and side).  You'll need this extra large card to fit the jumbo sticky cuts letters.

For those not familiar with sticky cuts letters, the back peels off so you can stick the letters directly to paper.  Once down, simply peel the top layer off, revealing the sticky ahdesive underneath.  These sticky alphabet are great for adhering the chunky Essentials Glitter, seed beads or microbeads.

You'll see two new products offered by Stampin' Up! in my sample.  The Scallop Trim border punch (from the Sale-a-braiton catalog) and the small heart punch in the new Occasions Mini catalg.

To recreate the layers for the hanging heart, start with the Three Hearts punch, next the small heart punch, finishing with the smallest heart from the Three Hearts punch.  The white line was created with a signa-gel pen.



The hearts shown in the sample below were created with the small heart punch.  The Multi-purpose adhesive works well to hold the glitter on these small hearts.



A closer look at that tri-layer heart.



Next we have pretty floral Valentine card.  What do you think of that beautiful pink satin ribbon?  Another newbie item from the Occasions Mini.  There's something about silk ribbons used on cards that give them such an elegant feel.

The Valentine stamp is the "Hostess Best" set.  There are flowers on this stamp, but I simply colored the rubber image that I wanted to include (this technique is called omitting).  I went a step further by stamping the "V" in red, cutting it out and mounted it with dimensionals on the card.  Used my Three Hearts punch to create a little pink heart to tuck inside the "V".  The paper is the scrumptious Sending Love designer series paper.


Here's a closer look at that tiny little heart.



I hope you enjoyed my Valentine creations this month.  Next up is the oh so talented Connie Babbert.  She's got some spectacular projects to share.

18 comments:

Cindy Major said...

I love, LOVE the big sparkly letters! And the hanging hearts! And how you've layered the V on the sentiment of the second card.

Great hop projects once again! Nicely done! :D

Cindy

Julie said...

LOVING that glittery card!

Wendy Weixler said...

What is Valentine's Day without some bling, right??? LOVE the blingy hugs!! And your floral card is to great with all the attention to detail! Beautiful stuff, as usual! :)

Mary Brown said...

Oh so very sparkly!!!! Such an eye catcher and I bet even more amazing in real life! GREAT card too!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Ahhhh! I love the blongy Hugs!!! Great projects!!

xo B.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME hugs card!!

Allison said...

Love the glitter!

Katy said...

What a really cute idea with that hanging heart. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy that adorable paper now, thanks a lot!! :)

stampinstars said...

LOVE, LOVE the JUMBO glittery HUGS card!! So very blingy!! Great Idea!

LeeAnn Greff said...

How cool! Love your 'hugs' in glitter!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...that jumbo HUGS card is SO cool! Love all the glitter!

Jenn Diercks said...

The glittery letters are so fun and playful. I love the 2nd card as well. I almost forgot about that set for Valentine's Day.

Wendy J. said...

Such beautiful valentine cards! Love the glitter and the satin ribbon!

Crystal said...

Very pretty projects - I especially love the last one! :) tfs

Queen Mary G said...

As I read the narrative of the sticky letters card I was thinking to myself, "What could she possibly do that would be cute?" OMG! I love the sticky letters but never thought of an oversized card! Gorgeous! And I love the other Valentine too cuz I know that paper glitters and I was thinking last night how could I make a card without cover it up??

Pid and Connie said...

Gorgeous! TFS!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice job on the cards and the presentation. :-))) xoxo

Linda & Teri said...

I love your Valentine time using the omitting technique. How creative!! :)